“Our dreams are a second life.” ~Gerard de Nerval
SL Date of Birth: August 12th, 2010
SL activity: Pianist
RL location: Texas, USA
In-your-own-words bio: I’m a pianist (3 years performance experience) and prolific composer (15+ years composition and theory experience) here in SL and RL.
1. What in SL has brought you the most happiness?
The friends I have met here. I am a rather shy, introverted person. SL provided the way for me to expand my close circle of friends, and I daresay it saved my real life in the process.
2. What has given you the most sadness?
Relationships. Like I said, I am a shy person, and this has worked against my favor in romance here in SL, twofold: For one, I do not approach girls (pathetic, I know!), and secondly, the one time I was in a ‘romantic’ relationship, I came on way too strongly, and, in my opinion, ruined it.
3. How would you describe your home in SL?
My home is a single room in my SL sister’s house. It has a rug and a piano, oh, and me! Perfect.
4. Who in SL do you admire most?
There is no single person, but I would have to say those friends of mine who have been there for me throughout the last three years of my life (Second Life and first life). They are my heroes and heroines – the people I respect, look up to, and yes, admire.
5. What character trait do you have in SL that is furthest from your RL personality?
Less-shyness. I am still shy in SL, but in RL I am a ghost.
6. Which character trait did you leave behind in RL?
7. What is your weakness when it comes to spending your Linden dollars?
Clothes! I simply cannot help myself – SL has so much cool stuff to wear.
8. What is your favorite place in Second Life, and why?
My room. Because it has a piano. And it’s quiet.
9. What scares you the most in (or about) Second Life?
How much it has changed me, for the better, as a person in my first life. I have become the person I was idealizing in SL.
10. What is your secret pleasure in SL?
Exploration with friends. I used to explore different places all the time with my best friend, and secretly wish I was still a new player, novelty unrelenting!
11. What would it take to drive you out of Second Life?
My friends to leave completely.
12. What one word would you use to describe the art community in SL?
13. What are you most proud of in SL?
My music performances, and being able to share my work with such a large and welcoming audience.
14. If you built a sim from scratch with unlimited resources, what would it be called?
The Big Piano Land, Place, Area, Planet, of Pianos and stuff.
Interrogation and photographs by Cat Boccaccio.