“Our dreams are a second life.” ~Gerard de Nerval
From rez magazine.
SL age: 2 years, 3 months
SL activity: Curator of The Rose Galleries at The Rose Theatre, Graphic Artist, Builder, Sim Designer and Dancer ( Ballet & Bellydance)
RL location: Washington State
In-your-on-words bio: I have a full life in SL that is a complement to my RL– one does not supplant the other. I am quite simply a compulsive creator. I am in a loving relationship and I live my dreams here. I am mother, lover, explorer.
1. What in SL has brought you the most happiness?
Art. To capture the beauty of SL in a lasting expression in the form of a picture brings such pleasure. I strive to pass to the viewer the deep emotion I experience in my work.
2. What has given you the most sadness?
I have had two wonderful relationships here and am now in my third. It is the loss of love that I think strikes the harshest blow, whether it be a spouse or a child.
3. How would you describe your home in SL?
Jake and I have our apartment at Angel Manor at The Rose Theatre, which is the epitome of elegance. We adore it, but that is life very much in the public eye with a sim traffic count hovering around 5,000 a day. So we have our sweet escape–S&S Ranch–where we keep our horses and burgeoning collection of meeroos.
4. Who in SL do you admire most?
Oh that is easy. Kaya Angel. Not only is the man a freakishly talented designer and builder, he’s an amazing individual. I’ve not known someone with such depth of character. He never ceases to surprise me.
5. What character trait do you have in SL that is furthest from your RL personality?
I don’t. There is not magical demarcation that occurs when I hit the log in button. I’m still me. I respond in SL in exactly the same way I do in RL.
6. Which character trait did you leave behind in RL?
7. What is your weakness when it comes to spending your Linden dollars?
Building materials. Dance animations. Truly I think I have every top-notch ballet and bellydance animation in SL and I’m constantly searching for more. Oh yes! Clothes.
8. What is your favorite place in Second Life, and why?
Our Ranch. Yes there are many beautiful sims, but I built this one. This is where I come for peace. I love to explore, because that is the subject of my art, but you’d be surprised how much of a homebody I am.
9. What scares you the most in (or about) Second Life?
I have no fear. That is what TP, mute and ban buttons are for.
10. What is your secret pleasure in SL?
Dance! Not club dance, but beautiful, sensual dance. I can and do do it for hours –with or without audience.
11. What would it take to drive you out of Second Life?
RL financial or health crisis. I’m here to stay.
12. What one word would you use to describe the art community in SL?
13. What are you most proud of in SL?
My art. Yes. I really am proud of my work.
14. If you built a sim from scratch with unlimited resources, what would it be called?
Visit The Rose Galleries.
Originally published in rez magazine, January, 2012