“Our dreams are a second life.” ~Gerard de Nerval
SL Date of Birth: 15 September 2008
SL activity: Artist
RL location: Great Britain
In-your-own-words bio: Four years ago I came to SL just to have a look – I’m still looking. In SL as in RL I am a fractal artist, displaying my art and learning to do new and more creative things with it – something that is impossible to do in RL. I am keen to promote art in SL and believe we should stand together and support each other however we can.
1. What in SL has brought you the most happiness?
The people I have met and friends I have made.
2. What has given you the most sadness?
People who have disappeared from SL without a trace. (Probably onto alts, but still!)
3. How would you describe your home in SL?
My home is a beautiful old stone castle set in safe and tranquil, beautiful grounds where sheep and highland cattle graze and cheeky weasels play amongst the trees. The longboat in the bay says the owner of the castle is in residence and all is well in the Isles.
5. What character trait do you have in SL that is furthest from your RL personality?4. Who in SL do you admire most?
I admire the people who come here with no skills at all and who end up being the great builders we have in SL. I think they are the true artists here – the unsung ones. There are so many talented people amongst us and I have the highest respect for them.
Milly is outspoken but in RL she isn’t – she is more of an observer.
6. Which character trait did you leave behind in RL?
I think my RL character traits are all here with me – I don’t have a different persona for SL than my RL persona. I really don’t have time for duplicity!
7. What is your weakness when it comes to spending your Linden dollars?
I have so many weaknesses… it really depends on my mood.
8. What is your favorite place in Second Life, and why?
I don’t have a favourite at the moment. I love sims with forests, flowers, rivers, animals, birds… somewhere where there is peace and tranquility and no one will disturb me. I have just described my home so I suppose, my favourite place in SL is home! No place like it!
9. What scares you the most in (or about) Second Life?
I fear losing the ones nearest and dearest to me and not being able to contact them to find out if they are ok. I hope it never happens.
10. What is your secret pleasure in SL?
If I told you, it would no longer be a secret, would it?
11. What would it take to drive you out of Second Life?
I really enjoy Second Life so it would take a lot to drive me out. I think if I was rendered
incapable of being creative, I would no longer enjoy it.
12. What one word would you use to describe the art community in SL?
13. What are you most proud of in SL?
That I haven’t murdered anyone in SL yet!
14. If you built a sim from scratch with unlimited resources, what would it be called?
Visit Milly’s exhibits at the following locations: