“Our dreams are a second life.” ~Gerard de Nerval
Sledge Roffo dares to answer Cat’s 14 leading questions.
SL age: 4-1/2 years
SL activity: Artist
RL location: West Coast, USA
In-your-own-words bio: In RL, I’m a Construction Project Manager, a problem-solver but sometimes the problems outweigh the benefits of making something out of nothing. In SL, I get to dabble in my real passion — art! I have a BFA in Fine Arts, know a little about art history and have my favorite periods that influence my artwork.
1. What in SL has brought you the most happiness?
Developing relationships with people without the crap of daily life is truly unique and pleasurable. I get to show off my typing skills too!
2. What has given you the most sadness?
Those same relationships are transient. Friends log off one night and you might never get to talk to them again and you don’t know where they went, or why.
3. How would you describe your home in SL?
It’s just for two. It’s simple – a bed, a rug, and a video screen. There is always a campfire burning outside on the sand and there’s a swimming pool but nobody uses it. It’s a two-story building but there are no stairs. We never eat dinner at home. There’s no place to cook. I never sleep there.
4. Who in SL do you admire most?
Glyph Graves. I’m a big fan.
5. What character trait do you have in SL that is furthest from your RL personality?
I probably would have to say wearing the same clothes day after day is something I am comfortable doing only in SL.
6. Which character trait did you leave behind in RL?
I’m a hot head in RL. I hope I left that behind.
7. What is your weakness when it comes to spending your Linden dollars?
Art and Adult stuff.
8. What is your favorite place in Second Life, and why?
At home in the tub. It’s made for two.
9. What scares you the most in (or about) Second Life?
Losing my inventory.
10. What is your secret pleasure in SL?
11. What would it take to drive you out of Second Life?
12. What one word would you use to describe the art community in SL?
Growing – adding more and more RL art
13. What are you most proud of in SL?
14. If you built a sim from scratch with unlimited resources, what would it be called?
Visit Sledge’s award-winning Primscape Dreams